If you'd like to try out the fan and brightness utility, please download it here. The utility has the following features:
* Change brightness in 8 steps
* Change fan speed in three steps
* Remembers settings (put it in your startup directory)
* Remembers settings and switches between them when you change from AC to battery.
* When comming back from standby or hibernate, changing the fan speed wont work before you run the tpsmain.exe program.
The program is supposed to replace the Toshiba Power Management software, and works great together with the Notebook Hardware Control.