Thursday, December 22, 2005

Got myself a Tablet PC

Since I've obviously haven't done anything interesting for past five months, it's time to tell you all that I've got myself a Tablet PC. Yes, I was in the market for a new laptop, and having read about this new and interesting technology called Tablet PCs for a couple of years, I started searching for some knowledge that could help me decide which computer to select.

The first (and still very interesting) blog I read was Eric Mack's blog. He had just purchased a new Toshiba Tecra M4, and had written so much about the process of buying, getting and owning (in addition to a story about Toshiba support which was fun to read) that I kept on comming back to his blog when struggling to make a desicion.

This was also at the same time as the Lenovo X41 was released, and I was of course tempted to try it out. The main problem with it is it's screen resolution (since I'm a developer using screen-demanding tools), something that the Toshiba solves nicely with it's large screen. I'm also enjoying about Warner Crocker's experiences with Tablets, and especially his focus on how to efficiently use your Tablet in a special environment like his theatre.

Finally I found out that what I needed was a Desktop Replacement Computer with Tablet PC Functionality (DRCTPF? another acronym?) I went back to read more about Eric's experiences, and finally ordered my own Toshiba Tecra M4. Thanks everyone in the TabletPC community for sharing your knowledge so that I was able to make a very good choice!

No comments: